Collections: Succulents & cactus
Agave potatorum "Snowfall"
Botanical Name :
C.N.: Snowfall, Butterfly Agave Variegated, Drunkard Agave, Verschaffelt agave
Category of Plant:Cactus, succulents
Agave Potatorum 'Snowfall' Plant Description :
- Butterfly Agave Variegated also known as Agave potatorum 'Snowfall' is a medium-sized succulent that forms a symmetrical rosette of broad grey leaves.
- This small and attractive succulent belongs to the Asparagaceae family.
- Agave potatorum forms a compact to open symmetrical succulent rosette with 30 and 80 flat spatulate leaves.
Agave potatorum 'Snowfall' has pale, silvery white, ovate leaves that grow upwards with pointed dark red tip.
- Butterfly Agave Variegated are usually stemless or has very short stem bears pale green or yellow flowers tinged with red and subtended with red bracts.
Climatic Conditions and Soil Structure:
This desert dweller can survive in hot temperatures but cannot tolerate cold temperatures.
- Light shade or a partial shade is required in the noon to protect the leaves from being scorched.
- Thrive best in warm temperatures and lots of sunlight.
- It prefers well-drained, sandy succulent potting soil mix.
- height: 1-2 feet
- width: 2-3 feet
Pot size: 6"
Agave Potatorum 'Snowfall' /Butterfly Agave Variegated plant Care Tips:
- Water butterfly agave only when the soil dries out completely.
- Just like Cactus and other succulent plants, Agave Potatorum 'Snowfall' plants also require less water. They are drought tolerant.
- Overwatering can kill the plant
- An occasional misting is required, if kept indoors.
- Agave Potatorum grows best in high humidity.
- Butterfly Agave are happy with less fertilizer. Fertilizing once a year is enough for it.
- Twice a month, give neem oil spray as preventive spray from the pest and insects.
Agave Potatorum 'Snowfall' plant Special Features -
- Butterfly Agave plants are low-maintenance plants, thus suitable for beginners.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
- This desert dweller can add a lot of beauty to your home or garden.
- Agave potatorum 'Snowfall' is an early bloomer produces tight balls or clusters of flowers on very short, lateral branches which attracts pollinators such as hummingbirds, sunbirds, moths, and bats.
Note: The plant comes with a germination pot or bag (Pot size Approx. 4 to 6 inches). The image is for representation purposes only. The actual product may vary in height, shape, or appearance.