Collections: Indoor Plants
Calathea Freddie (Zebra Plant)
S.N: Calathea Freddie
C.N:Zebra Plant, Prayer plant
Category of plant: Shrubs, Indoor Plants
Calathea Freddie or Zebra Plant Description:
- The Zebra plant (Calathea Freddie) is an ornamental, eye-catchy plant, perfect to add the necessary ‘oomph’ and beautify the space of your home and office.
- Native to Eastern Brazil, the Zebra plant (Calathea Freddie) is known for its striking zebra stripes in shades of green.
- The leaves are shiny, elongated, and light-green with specific zebra strips.
- The bold and attractive leaves of Calathea Freddie follow the movement of the sun through the day and close up at night.
Calathea Freddie or Zebra Plant Care:
- It can tolerate the soggy or waterlogged condition of the soil.
- Bright light is perfect for good growth. Avoid direct sunlight to protect the leaves from becoming dull and less vibrant.
- The ideal temperatures required to flourish the Zebra plant well should be between 60ºF — 75ºF (15.5-24ºC).
- As a result of the dry air, the leaves will dry out and hang down.
- Humidity is best for its growth. Loves to be misted regularly.
- Less humidity makes Calathea leaves brown.
- Water twice a week during the growing season, then naturally reduce during winter. The soil moisture should always be monitored to check the plant's hydration level.
Plant habit: Semi erect, Branches spreading type
Plant length: 50 cm to 100 cm;
Plant Spread or Width: 50 cm to 100 cm
Pot Size(Inches): 4''
- Use any organic manures for good growth.
- Farmyard manure, Vermicompost, Boon(19:19:19)@5 gram/litre of water can be used during the growing season from April to October.
Calathea Freddie or Zebra Plant Special Features:
- Non-toxic to cats and dogs.
- Suitable for Interiorscape/ Indoor Plant, Small Gardens, Container Planting
- It makes a lovely addition to any home due to its beautiful foliage and bold markings.
- Calathea Freddie is perfect for bright indoor spaces and both for tabletop and floor planters.
- It is a nice choice for growing in pots and containers for indoor plantation.
Note: Plant comes with germination pot. The image is for representation purposes only. The actual product may vary in height, shape, or appearance.