Collections: Indoor Plants
Maranta Rubra Plant
S.N: Stromanthe Sanguaina Tricolour
C.N: Calathea Triostar, Stromanthe triostar, Trio star, Prayer Plant
Category of the plant: Ground cover, Indoor plant.
- The Stromanthe tricolor belongs to the Marantaceae or family, Maranta native to Brazil is a multi-purpose indoor and landscape plant.
- This plant grows up to 1 metre tall.
- The thick, fleshy, lanceolate leaves are glossy dark olive green with beautiful purple-red white midribs (Variegated, Pink, White, Red, Green).
- The crowded oval, evergreen leaves remain flat by day and folded up as the day comes to an end, hence called "prayer plant."
Climatic conditions and soil type:
- Maranta Rubra thrives best in medium to bright indirect light.
- The soil should be well-drained and fertile.
- Intolerant to winter temperatures and grow well in hot tropical climates.
Plant habit: Spreading, Upright or Erect
Plant Height or length:
50 cm to 100 cm
Plant Spread or Width:
50 cm to 100 cm
Pot Size: 6"
Maranta Rubra care tips:
- Plants require well-drained yet moisture-retaining soils.
- The soil should always be monitored to check the moisture content.
- Application of vermicompost @ 100 grams/plant once a month is more than sufficient.
- Keep it in mind, don’t provide an excess dosage of nutrients.
Maranta Rubra Special Features:
- Perennial Plant
- Colourful Leaves
- Good for hedges and borders.
- Maranta can be grown in pots as well as in the ground.
- Can be kept on Writing Desks, Windows etc.,
Note: Plant comes with germination pot. The image is for representation purposes only. The actual product may vary in height, shape, or appearance.