Collections: Indoor Plants
Calathea Vittata (Calathea Variegated White)
S.N: Calathea Vittata
C.N: Prayer Plant, Peacock Plant, Zebra Plant
Category of plant: Shrubs, Indoor Plants, Herbaceous Perennial Plant
Peacock plant (Calathea Vittata) Description:
- The Peacock plant (Calathea Vittata) is an ornamental, evergreen perennial indoor houseplant.
- A member of the prayer plant family, Marantaceae, the Peacock plant (Calathea Vittata) is known for its striking foliage that purportedly resembles the beauty of a peacock’s tail.
- The leaves are oval, thin, crisp, curl and particularly striking as it appears almost hand-painted.
Calathea vittata displays bright green elliptical leaves with brushstroke-like creamy-white stripes.
- It's an easy-care houseplant whose leaves have a habit of opening and closing leaves from day — night.
Peacock plant (Calathea Vittata) Care:
- It can tolerate the soggy or waterlogged condition of the soil.
- Bright light is perfect for good growth. Avoid direct sunlight to protect the leaves from becoming dull and less vibrant.
- The ideal temperatures required to flourish the Peacock plant well should be between 60ºF — 75ºF (15.5-24ºC).
- As a result of the dry air, the leaves will dry out and hang down.
- Humidity is best for its growth. Loves to be misted regularly.
- Less humidity makes Calathea leaves brown.
- Water twice a week during the growing season, then naturally reduce during winter. The soil moisture should always be monitored to check the plant's hydration level.
Plant habit: Semi erect, Branches spreading type
Plant length: 50 cm to 100 cm;
Plant Spread or Width: 50 cm to 100 cm
Pot Size(Inches): 4''
Peacock plant (Calathea Vittata) Plant protection:
- Use any organic manures for good growth.
- Farmyard manure, Vermicompost, Boon(19:19:19)@5 gram/litre of water can be used during the growing season from April to October.
Peacock plant (Calathea Vittata) Special Features:
- Non-toxic to cats and dogs.
- Best to place them near an east-facing window.
- Suitable for Interiorscape/ Indoor Plant, Small Gardens, Container Planting
- It makes a lovely addition to any home due to its beautiful foliage and bold markings.
Note: Plant comes with germination pot. The image is for representation purposes only. The actual product may vary in height, shape, or appearance.