Collections: Succulents & cactus
Fittonia albivenis Argyroneura (White Nerve Plant)
S.N: Fittonia albivenis Argyroneura
C.N: White Nerve Plant, Mosaic Plant, Silver Fittonia, Silver Nerve, Silver Threads, Silver-net Plant, Snakeskin Plant, Nerve Plant
Plant Category: Colorful foliage, ground cover, Indoor plant
Fittonia albivenis (White Nerve Plant) Description:
- Commonly called nerve plant or mosaic plant, Fittonia albivenis is a spreading evergreen perennial with delicately veined, deep-green leaves.
- Native to tropical rainforests in South America, this Silver Fittonia can reach up to 4" long and has contrasting white to red veins.
- It is notable for its dark green, velvety texture foliage with strongly silvery white veins.
- Its stems are covered with fine white hairs.
- This Silver Fittonia occasionally bloom with insignificant reddish or yellowish-white spikes.
Plant habit: Spreading
Plant Specifications: 3 to max 5 Inches approx.
Pot Size: 2.5"
Fittonia albivenis (White Nerve Plant) Care:
- Fittonia albivenis prefers bright indirect sun light.
- It requires very high, constant humidity, and cannot tolerate stagnant conditions.
- Sensitive to strong, direct sunlight and will quickly suffer leaf burn.
- The Nerve plant needs to be kept in high humidity, provided by frequent misting.
- It grows well in well-drained and standard potting soil.
- Thrives best in warm climates. In colder climates this plant should be grown indoors.
- Water Nerve plant thoroughly in summer and less in winter.
Fittonia albivenis (White Nerve Plant) Protection:
1. Use any organic manures once or twice a month during the growing season.
2. For best growth, farmyard manure, vermi-compost or Boon(19:19:19)@5 gram/litre of water can be used.
Fittonia albivenis (White Nerve Plant) Special Features:
- Suitable to grown as a creeping ground cover in filtered sun locations.
- Landscape uses: Terrarium, Container Planting, Interiorscape/ Indoor Plant
- Low-maintained ornamental houseplant.
- This is a small, compact, low-growing plant that looks good on windowsills, small shelves, and in terrariums
Note: Plant comes with germination pot. The image is for representation purpose only. The actual product may vary in height, shape, or appearance.