Collections: Indoor Plants
Peperomia (Peperomia Caperata)
Botanical name: Peperomia Caperata Rosso
Common Name: Emerald Ripple peperomia, Emerald Ripper pepper, Green Ripple peperomia, Ivy-leaf Peperomia, Metallic Peperomia, Ripple peperomia, and Silver heart
Category of plant: Indoor Plants, Ground covers
Peperomia caperata Plant description :
- The Peperomia plant belongs to Piperaceae family.
- This Peperomia variety has reddish to brownish green, waxy leaves, silvery on upper ridges, reddish underneath, veins depressed.
- Native of South America, Peperomia is a tropical evergreen herbaceous shrub, used as an interior specimen or a desktop plant.
- Peperomia caperata is highly decorative plant as its leaves are in heart-shaped and have silver metallic surface, which gives it another names "Silver heart peperomia" and "Metallic peperomia."
- It is an easy to grow houseplant with wrinkled green leaves, which are so dark they almost appear purple.
Climatic condition and soil type :
- Peperomia love to grow in shade, but they cannot grow in low light condition.
- It requires well-drained, porous potting soil
- They require medium light for its good growth and also well fertile soil.
- Peperomia grow best in medium light, medium-dry soil, and medium to low relative humidity.
Plant habit: Spreading
Plant Specifications :
Plant Height or length:
Less than 50 cms
Plant Spread or Width:
Less than 50 cms
Peperomia (Peperomia Caperata) Care Tips:
- Twice a weekly interval.
- The soil moisture should always be monitored to check the hydration level.
- Cannot tolerate too much water.
- Use any organic manures for its good growth. F
- Use Farmyard manure, Vermi-compost or application of Boon(19:19:19)@5 gram/litre of water.
- Can be easily propagate by leaf cutting or stem cuttings in spring.
Peperomia (Peperomia Caperata) Special Features :
- Suitable for very small hedge or border.
- It is an ideal addition to a dish garden, offices, or terrarium.
- Plants are best grown in pots or raised beds.
- Non-toxic to cats, dogs, and people.
Note: Plant comes with germination pot. The image is for representation purpose only. The actual product may vary in height, shape, or appearance.