Collections: Indoor Plants
Philodendron Birkin (Philodendron ‘White Wave’)
S.N: Philodendron “Birkin”
C.N: Philodendron ‘White Wave’
Category of plant: Indoor Plants, Ground covers, Climbers, Creepers & Vines
Philodendron Birkin (Philodendron ‘White Wave’) Description:
Philodendron 'Birkin' is a striking-variegated plant, known for its distinctive green and white or yellow pinstripes.
- Native to Central and South America, Philodendron ‘White Wave’ has glossy deep green leaves streaked with creamy white to yellow pinstripes.
- Because each new leaf emerges completely unique from the last, this plant is an interesting and beautiful houseplant to make a statement look in any space.
Plant habit: Climbing or growing on support
Plant Specifications: Plant Height or length: 2 to 4 meters
Pot size: 4''
Philodendron Birkin (Philodendron ‘White Wave’) Care:
Like other variegated specimens, Philodendron 'Birkin' also prefers bright filtered light (too much direct sunlight will scorch the leaves).
- Philodendron Birkin will do well in temperatures of 16-30 °C.
- Do not water Philodendron until at least the top inch of soil feels dry, then water thoroughly.
- Avoid overwatering, as it will rot the roots.
- Philodendron Birkin thrives best in warm and humid conditions,
- An occasional misting is required to provide humidity.
- Use a well-drained potting mix (2/3 of potting mix and 1/3 of perlite works well).
- The soil moisture should always be monitored to check the plant's hydration levels.
- Use any organic manures for their good growth.
- Farmyard manure, Vermicompost & Application of Boon(19:19:19)@5 gram/litre of water can be applied every 2-4 weeks during spring and summer.
Philodendron Birkin (Philodendron ‘White Wave’) Special Features:
This Philodendron Birkin looks best when displayed as a hanging plant, ground cover, or tabletop.
- Suitable for indoor beautification.
- Alternatively, it can also be trained to grow up a trellis or other support structure, such as a standing tree trunk.
- It is best known for purifying air by absorbing pollutants such as formaldehyde, benzene from the air.
Note: Plant comes with germination pot. The image is for representation purposes only. The actual product may vary in height, shape, or appearance.